Royston Cycling Club - Club Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

20/11/2018 9:54 pm  #1

Bike maintenance workshop - 26th Nov 7.30 Coombes Community Centre

This maintenance and repair workshop is free of charge and open to all RCC members. The session will be informal and led by the issues and problems you want to raise, whether to do with  maintenance, repairs or get-me-home fixes if disaster should  strike on the road. So if there is a question you want to ask or a nagging issue with your bike which won't go away, this is your chance.  Bike stands and tools will be available as will cakes, tea and coffee. Of course we can't guarantee to solve all problems but the combined experience of the Club membership should be able to shed some light on most issues. If you plan to attend please post on the forum or email the Club  and let us know if you intend to bring your bike. If you can highlight any specific issues you would like covered this will ensure we focus the session on members' key concerns. 

23/11/2018 12:07 pm  #2

Re: Bike maintenance workshop - 26th Nov 7.30 Coombes Community Centre

I'll come along.  Not planning to bring a bike. Is anyone good at turing wheels?  I can do a passable job but a few pointers would be good. I have an old wheel I can mess up as an example but not a truing stand (which might be the problem!). 

23/11/2018 5:21 pm  #3

Thanks Matt. I think John M is bringing a truing stand so a wobbly wheel would be great.

25/11/2018 7:54 am  #4

Confirming that I will be bringing along a trying stand - it's a home made one but works fine, and also a 'standard' spoke key. Some of the new spokes nowadays use special unique nipples and you will need the manufacures special key to tweak them.

25/11/2018 2:17 pm  #5

I’m hoping to make it.  No faults on the bike, though it could do with a clean....  oh, ok, thought not

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dpnl3NTWwAAL-gb?format=jpg&name=900x900

Board footera