Royston Cycling Club - Club Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

02/7/2019 4:45 pm  #16

Re: Weekend away ride to Hunstanton July 6th&7th

Hi, I haven’t heard if anyone wants me to bring them back with their bike (I have 2 spaces) so I might take my bike with me and ride a bit of the reverse route and meet up with you between Kings Lynn and Hunstanton, then ride the last part with you. David

02/7/2019 6:30 pm  #17

I’m in for the long haul. I’ll be at Mica for 8am and am planning to ride all the way to Kings Lynn. See you Saturday.

03/7/2019 10:06 am  #18

i am planning to ride back on the Sunday also, if anyone else wants to join me?

03/7/2019 3:08 pm  #19

I am planning on joining you to Kings Lynn and getting train back from there. Is this ride also open to guests ? I know my last “guest” caused a few hiccups but this guest I can personally vouch for this time ! But totally understand if it’s a club only thing 👍 Either way looking forward to a lovely ride to Kings Lynn ! See you at 8am.

03/7/2019 4:02 pm  #20

Anyone have a small top tube bag spare that I could borrow (or buy!) for this weekend's ride?  Thinking I need a store of jelly babies ready to hand to keep me going...

Thanks,

A.

03/7/2019 7:18 pm  #21

Hi all, I’m out for the ride and overnight stay as planned, will see how the legs are for the return leg but will have plenty of train fare 🤣.  See you all sat 8am at mica.

03/7/2019 7:55 pm  #22

I will be going all the way to Hunstanton and staying overnight. I will definitely be coming back on the train.
See you all at 8am at Mica.

04/7/2019 5:40 am  #23

Gwen - yes, no problem.

Barry - yes, probably.

04/7/2019 5:12 pm  #24

I’d be up for going to Ely in a steady group (14) but would join you in Melbourn if that’s ok? 8.10?

04/7/2019 8:58 pm  #25

For those going to Kings Lynn, what’s your ETA?
I’ll be meeting you there for lunch with my cousin’s husband who lives near Hunstanton

05/7/2019 7:01 am  #26

I plan to join but will join at Melbourn ... can’t stay over so will ride to Hunstanton then back to Kings Lynn and get train home Saturday.

05/7/2019 8:04 am  #27

I'm going to join in Melbourn too.  I need to ride on to Bury St Emdunds so I might swing off at King's Lynn, depending on how we're doing for time. 

Last edited by MatthewY (05/7/2019 3:21 pm)

05/7/2019 8:55 am  #28

Looks like a sizeable group tomorrow so we may need to split. The route is here https://www.strava.com/routes/19655806 and probably best if everyone has it on their GPS device just in case. 

For those returning by train from KL to Cambridge on Saturday services run hourly at 44 minutes past (26 minutes past the hour on Sundays). No scheduled engineering work that I can see but no direct train to Royston on Saturday or Sunday.  On Saturday there are more frequent services from Ely to Cambridge but again no direct train to Royston. Ely service to Cambridge on Sunday is hourly.

David, re KL eta  I'm estimating 1-1.30. Will Whatsapp you if likely to be much later.

Do post if any questions remain otherwise sunny Hunny here we come!

05/7/2019 9:36 am  #29

I’ll join at Melbourn

05/7/2019 2:11 pm  #30

Roadworks

Network rail are treating us to some roadworks in Ely this weekend, and it looks like one of the roads through town may be closed, though you never can tell.  There is another route through, following Sustrans route 11, down to the river, in general direction of the station, then left to Queen Adelaide.

There’s an amended route here https://www.strava.com/routes/19655806

There’s a road closed notice in Rignstead too, near Hunstanton, though it looks as if we should be able to walk though.  If not we can go round (west along Burnham road, then left, then left again down Thornham rd).

All will be fine, I’m sure, but helpful if some have phones to the ready.

Board footera