Royston Cycling Club - Club Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

05/7/2019 7:20 pm  #31

Re: Weekend away ride to Hunstanton July 6th&7th

Looking forward to tomorrow. I’ll be outside Melbourn coop at 8.10 and will jump on there.

James 😁

05/7/2019 10:58 pm  #32

I will be with Gareth H in Harston at 8.30am.   Plan to ride back sunday
Neil

07/7/2019 9:00 am  #33

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone for yesterday. The company was a joy and the route was fabulous and the chaperone support from Paul to get me back to kings lynn from Hunstanton to get my first century (plus) of the year was very much appreciated! What a fabulous day - I hope you all get back safely today after all the night clubbing and beers last night 😉😉 Brilliant day !

07/7/2019 6:31 pm  #34

Wow, that was some weekend of riding. By my count club members clocked up well over 2,000 miles on the way to or from Hunstanton with some achieving their highest ever mileage in a single ride. Great that the flexible nature of the weekend encouraged so many to participate on one or both days. Now we just need to top it for next year.

Many thanks to James N and James M for organising the routes and accommodation respectively and especially to David B for providing the luggage transport and support vehicle. 

07/7/2019 8:54 pm  #35

I’d like to second the thanks for all the organisation and support on the weekend away ride.

It was a really fun trip - lots of good company on the ride up (even in the rain!) - and quite a find of a cafe in Downham Market. And I am particularly grateful for all the support from the RCC team on the way back today. Without them, I’d not have made it all the way up and all the way back. 181 miles later I am a tad sore but very happy to have been a part of this weekend trip!

Board footera