Royston Cycling Club - Club Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

01/2/2020 3:25 pm  #1

Sunday 2nd February

For the medium groups, not sure we've ever ridden this route before but it should give us a good homeward-bound stretch with the wind behind us.
https://www.strava.com/routes/23679770
Some doubt about how quickly the overnight rain moves through but fingers crossed

01/2/2020 6:11 pm  #2

Re: Sunday 2nd February

Looks a good route, Richard! Assuming it's not raining cats and dogs in the morning, I'll be aiming to ride this at slightly sub 15mph, for whoever would like to join me.

01/2/2020 7:30 pm  #3

I’m up for that Jo.

Have a Four Seasons front tyre now. Let’s hope that is better than my gatorskin! 😉

A.

02/2/2020 8:11 am  #4

Think a few medium rares may cut off a (short) segment...:-) 

03/2/2020 9:44 am  #5

I broke one side of my chain coming out of Reed. I'd like to think it was ripped apart by the power of my manly thighs but I suspect old age (chain, not me) and a missed gear. I limped back to Royston and despite taking a low gear it gave up completely on the climb out of Newsells. Fortunately the broken link was just 1 away from the quicklink so it was actually a simple repair. But then I got a puncture, so gave up any idea of catching you all up anywhere along the route. See you next week. JOHN B

04/2/2020 11:45 am  #6

The gods just weren't on your side John. Better luck next week.

07/2/2020 2:02 pm  #7

Myself and at least two other Medium Rares that I am aware of at this time (Adrian and Dawn?) will be leaving Market Hill at 8.30 am (8.45 am Kneesworth lay-by) on SATURDAY (8th) to ride M9-36 or a version of this route.  

Board footera