Royston Cycling Club - Club Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

17/3/2020 1:19 pm  #1

Club rides in the current UK situation

Hello
My apologies firstly as I was unsure which area to ask this question, but I was just curious on the clubs official line in the current UK situation to group rides and social meetings? I myself am not personally concerned but my question is surrounding we are a BC affiliated club and would any group rides on a Sunday be open to public criticism, bearing in mind we where the RCC logo tops. 

Regards
Rob T 

17/3/2020 4:04 pm  #2

Re: Club rides in the current UK situation

We’re just about to send something round Rob.

17/3/2020 4:16 pm  #3

Cool, hope you didn't mind me asking 

17/3/2020 9:04 pm  #4

Re all club activities in the current situation please see the thread below under General Discussion

17/3/2020 10:03 pm  #5

If I feel like a ride and am able to etc I may turn up at 9am at the Market Square on a Sunday. I realise no RCC club ride will be happening. I'm hoping the world hasn't gone completely mad. I have always been willing to take flak so feel free :-)

18/3/2020 3:22 pm  #6

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ES1JhL1XgAE4Mco?format=jpg&name=small

20/3/2020 1:47 pm  #7

Are any of you fancy online people organising Zwift rides?  Other clubs pick a race and all enter the same one at set time.  A further development, I believe,  is to pick the same jersey so that you can spot each other.
Mind you,I’m strictly analogue, so what do I know about it...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ETVtPQGX0Acgd_I?format=jpg&name=small

Last edited by JamesN (20/3/2020 1:51 pm)

20/3/2020 6:29 pm  #8

James, I’m on Zwift and happy to join a RCC Group ride

22/3/2020 6:02 pm  #9

Lots of solo cyclists out over the weekend, and also a few groups    Group riding is not socially acceptable at the moment, given the social distancing policy (unless you share a house with the rest of the group).

Rides need to be solo. 

The PM is making very clear they will move to “sterner measures” if we don’t comply.  That could mean no outdoor cycling

(Personal view, not official club policy)

Board footera