Royston Cycling Club - Club Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

02/4/2020 8:03 pm  #1

Zwifting and Virtual Meet-ups

Hi all,

I don’t know about you, but I am missing the social interaction of our group rides and post-coffee get-togethers.  While the prospect of being able to get back to normal seems still to be a long way off, I was wondering whether anyone would be interested in the idea of a virtual meet-up and group ride?

While I am very new to Zwift, I have seen that you can create Meet Ups to have informal group rides.  If anyone else in the club has a Zwift account and fancies doing this, message below and we can sort out following each other on Zwift and organising a virtual ride!

Adrian.

29/4/2020 6:45 pm  #2

Re: Zwifting and Virtual Meet-ups

Hi Adrian,

I think this is a great idea!! Only just thought to check on the forum if anyone else had suggested this.

For a start, I'm thinking of doing an easy ride on zwift on Friday 1st May which I could turn into a meet up for anyone available for the club. Either during the day or in the evening works for me.

You can find me on zwift - my user name is just "Adam Levy".

It'd be good if we can get something started.

Adam

30/4/2020 3:37 pm  #3

Hi Adam,

Great to hear from you! I have now followed you on Zwift!

Next step is to see if we can organise a weekly group ride that we can encourage more club members to join!

A.

08/5/2020 10:30 am  #4

All,

We have created a virtual Zwift team via ZwiftPower: RoyCC

Adrian.

11/5/2020 5:01 pm  #5

All,

First club ride on Zwift is on Tuesday 12th at 7pm. If you've requested to participate, you should have received an invite via Zwift Companion App.  If not, please let me know and I will see if I can get you added on.

See you all tomorrow!

A.

18/5/2020 7:49 am  #6

Next virtual RCC meetup is Tuesday 19th at 7pm. If you've not received an email, please let me know.

FYI: Zwift requires that you follow the organiser in order to be invited to the meetup.

Adrian.

05/7/2020 7:20 pm  #7

Virtual rides are back on!  Aka, I’ve cleared up my garage and can find the bike!

Next virtual ride is Tuesday 7th July at the slightly later time of 8pm. Look out for the club email invite and make sure you reply if you are interested!

Adrian.

Board footera