Royston Cycling Club - Club Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

02/11/2020 7:35 pm  #1

Which training app

I am getting ready for winter and have the turbo set up ready. I wanted some opinions on the best app. Would you all recommend Zwift, Trainer road or Sufferfest.  I will be set up with a laptop rather than tv screen and hate making decisions. All opinions (on the app) are welcome.

03/11/2020 3:59 pm  #2

Re: Which training app

Hi Donna, I’ve only ever used Zwift but get on well with it. Adrian has organised RCC group rides on Zwift in the past and the plan is to run more this winter, so you could join us!

04/11/2020 12:25 pm  #3

Totally depends what will keep you motivated and what you want to achieve.. There are TrainerRoad/Sufferfest which appear to be more about training plans and structure.  Zwift is more immersive but has training plans ... last option is Rouvry which has real graphics showing you on a ride ... they all have 14 day minimum trials so try them all ... and choose the one you are likely to use !!!  I've tried them all but much prefer to just go out when I can, for me its being outside that's the appeal not actually getting any stronger necessarily !!! ... I once (and only once) did a hard session on a turbo, Bec came in, took one look, and said "you're ***ing mad" and walked out .. she had a point.

07/11/2020 10:55 pm  #4

Hi Donna, I was on zwift for about 4 years and during lock down I've cancelled it and installed rouvy which I prefer more than zwift. Whatever you choose, you'll get sweat!!!! Enjoy it.

Board footera