Royston Cycling Club - Club Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

15/7/2017 8:59 pm  #16

Re: Wimpole Sportive 16th July - date for the diary

Hi guys, I've tried to enter this one but it's sold out so I'm trying to ride over there and start after the start line so I'll see you all there about 8am.

15/7/2017 9:13 pm  #17

You can pay on the day as they have not sold out. That's what I'll be doing. Hope to get there for 8AM.

15/7/2017 9:16 pm  #18

I'm aiming to arrive at 8 too.

16/7/2017 4:41 pm  #19

Sorry for the mess in the junction in Orwell! I was planning to stop to let you all go, then the van showed up, so I thought I'd go, then the van stopped and I could not think and behaved like a rabbit caught in headlights... 

16/7/2017 5:40 pm  #20

Great ride today, company was awesome as always but had a bit of a buzz about it today I had not seen.

​Shame I bonked towards the end, just didn't have enough food out with me today and failed to fuel properly (at least that is my excuse)

16/7/2017 6:34 pm  #21

Wow, that was tough, especially the last ten miles.

Thanks to Barry and Salvo for leading a very solid group of RCC riders most of the way round and thanks to James for dragging me to the finish.

Classement de la combativite definitely goes to Stu for making up so much ground after his call of nature.
( Sorry, no cash prize just the kudos).

16/7/2017 6:44 pm  #22

Another great Evans Wimpole Ride (apart from the additional hilly 5 miles they've added this year!)

Photos are up: http://neiltaylormedia.photoshelter.com/gallery/Cambridge-Road-Sportive-16-7-2017/G0000ZfY0da81XiA/3/C0000agoaRWyXGUM

Most of us are between photos 150-250, think you can just make out the thunderbug on my left arm.....!

17/7/2017 8:27 am  #23

You are welcome Richard, I really like the route for this ride, its challenging but do able, and with great company, I really enjoyed the fact we stayed together as a group up to Elmdon.......but had to stretch the legs in the last 10 miles or so, but KUDOS to everyone http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png

17/7/2017 10:48 am  #24

Morning All
Didn't we do well! I had a few comments along the lines of "how many of you are there?!!" around the course - so nice to see lots of club kit proudly on display. I hope your legs are recovering today - mine are still a bit jelly-like but OK. 
Paul and I have a big bag of freebie bottles that people weren't able to carry - if one of them is yours, either PM me here or send a message to the club email (roystoncc@hotmail.com) if you're desperate to get it quickly. If not, we'll bring them to the club ride on Sunday. I also have the spare lens in a box from someone's sunglasses - Andrew G I think?
Have a good week.
Jo

17/7/2017 12:32 pm  #25

Board footera