Royston Cycling Club - Club Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

12/9/2018 8:54 pm  #16

Re: Saturday 15th September

Rob T, if you like to have some extra miles under your pedals, then you can always cycle back with us?😉

12/9/2018 9:00 pm  #17

Salvo...I will see how I am after getting there...but it''s not a no at the moment.....http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png

13/9/2018 12:26 pm  #18

I'll be on this one. Train back.

13/9/2018 6:18 pm  #19

I'm in, can't be out all day so train back..

14/9/2018 12:54 pm  #20

I drove around Littleport today and noticed that 10 Mile Bank Road is closed at the A10 junction, looking online it's to repair a burst water main and the closure is until 18th Sept. We should hopefully be able to get past but if not the diversion is a long stretch along the A10.

https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/residents/travel-roads-and-parking/roads-and-pathways/roadworks-and-faults/roadwork-and-traffic-information/

14/9/2018 4:06 pm  #21

Well spotted. I think they’ll be a ride going ahead, on the assumption we can get past water main work, but riders should be aware that there’s a chance we have to add a few miles on a diversion , or turn round (back to Ely or train from littleport)

14/9/2018 6:52 pm  #22

But on the upside there shouldn't be any traffic on that section of the route.

15/9/2018 5:54 am  #23

See you at Melbourn Co-op

15/9/2018 6:02 am  #24

Gutted -can’t come out to play today, a cold has been hanging onto me all week and chest still isn’t 100%, have a great day everyone

15/9/2018 8:11 pm  #25

Well that was fun. Sixteen out in two groups for a very smooth ride through the fens and on to Lynn. Coffee and bread pudding/scone sat outside Ely Cathedral in the sun. Then onward toTen Mile Bank where we breezed through the closed road and kept up a tidy pace crossing numerous rivers, creeks, drains, ditches and sluices (including one with a PA system which told us to remove ourselves sharpish after a missed turn) until arriving in Lynn via a long section of cycle path. Lunch on South Quay mingling with a wedding party before Barry, Salvo and Ed headed home on two wheels while the rest of us made for the station. Train to Cambridge and a ride home via the Shelfords. Around 80 miles in total at an average of just over 16 mph - and not a single puncture!

15/9/2018 8:48 pm  #26

Well done all!!! Good trip, good company and good food too. We've got home at 18.30 with an average of just over 17mph. Thank you Richard for organising routes etc... etc...

15/9/2018 9:10 pm  #27

Thanks all for your company today and a really great ride.
Richard made a great job of all the arrangements, particularly the wind assistance! His message on here really says it all.

Royston Cycling Club ‘hats-off’ to Barry, Edd and Salvo who rode home, whilst the other 12 of us chose ‘train assistance’’ back to Royston.

Sorry you could not join us Dave T, you missed a great day – Get Well Soon matey.

Don't let's leave it another 4 years before we ride this one again hey....!  

Board footera