Royston Cycling Club - Club Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

19/6/2019 7:19 pm  #16

Re: Saturday Special - Steady Ride routes - Tom's Cakes and Blue Egg runs

Hi Adrian, I'll join you for this one. For those that may be a bit concerned and as Adrian suggests, we don't have to go up Chapel Hill. There are also plenty of drop off options for MarkT (and any others) too.

20/6/2019 8:21 pm  #17

Hi, love the sound of the St Ives route though I also need to be back soon after midday for something now. I think someone mentioned C5 could be a shorter c 45 mile round trip option for those who don't want to go so far, which agree might be good - unless there is an obvious turn around point on St Ives route? Quite nice to do a loop rather than come back the same way.... Few places on C5 (Steeple Morden &/or Orwell etc)where we could prob get it down closer to c 40 miles if needed) 

21/6/2019 7:26 am  #18

Hi all, I will also have to go for a shorter St Ives route or alternatively C5 fits well for me. I also need to be back.

21/6/2019 6:56 pm  #19

Thanks to everyone everyone who responded. Looks like we will have two groups tomorrow. First group going to Tom’s cakes in St Ives and the second group running a shorter ride (C5?) to get back earlier

See you all in the morning!

A.

26/6/2019 1:24 pm  #20

Thanks all for joining the Saturday ride, last weekend.  We didn't go to St Ives in the end, instead opting for a lovely tea room in Bourne.

This saturday is looking very hot (forecast 29C), but I think I will make a punt to St Ives anyway.  I will start from Mica for 8am in the morning in case anyone is interested in going.

So far, I think I have 1 definite and 1 tentative.

Cheers,

A.

PS. Don't forget to slap on some sunscreen on Saturday!

27/6/2019 3:22 pm  #21

WIth the high temperatures, I will be going for a shorter 30-35 mile route. Leaving at 8am from Mica

28/6/2019 4:54 pm  #22

Temperatures are forecast to be even hotter now.  Up to 31C tomorrow.  I don't think it's wise to go for a long ride in that heat.  Agree with MarkD to shorten the ride.  Alas, Tom's Cakes is not to be - again!

One day Tom's, one day...

01/7/2019 1:55 pm  #23

Thanks all who joined the revised ride to Jordons Mill in Biggleswade on Saturday. It was a lovely ride, albeit a bit scorchio on the way back! 

St Ives and Tom's Cakes is going to have to wait a little while (for me at least) as we have the Away weekend to Hunstanton coming up now!  Look forward to seeing lots of people out on Saturday!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzS1gwiA9fQQex1j7x8FnX8wK_bwSdU1iGmer80/?igshid=zzuk2fyhifed

Board footera