Royston Cycling Club - Club Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

07/7/2019 9:25 pm  #1

London to Cambridge - 21 July 2019

Hi all,

Having watched this sportive pass through our area several times, Mrs G has entered me ....   

The ride itself is 58 miles, however there are some large hills as you go north from Waltham Abbey.

I cannot see another way of getting to the start so my plan is to ride from Royston to the Sportive start at Picketts Lock and then up to Cambridge. The total distance is 90 miles.

My plan is to take my time and get some miles in my legs ahead of Ride London. Probably looking at leaving Royston around 630am.

If anyone else has already entered or fancies doing it, please post below or send me a pm.

You can enter the sportive here - https://www.bike-events.co.uk/Ride.aspx?id=653

thanks
Andrew

19/7/2019 2:53 pm  #2

Re: London to Cambridge - 21 July 2019

Andrew, I am planning to come along as I obviously need some miles as well. Do you have a route for the ride down? I am trying to avoid heading into Royston first, so I will try and find some where to meet you along the way.  I haven't entered yet, but will do so tonight.

19/7/2019 8:06 pm  #3

Re: London to Cambridge - 21 July 2019

Hi Donna - I have a couple of route options but both follow the old a10 from puckeridge down to Enfield. Suggest we meet at the top of Barkway high street by the junction of the road going to reed at about 715? Looking to stop close to Enfield for a coffee too.

Board footera