Royston Cycling Club - Club Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

22/7/2019 5:46 am  #1

Prudential - collection of ride numbers etc

Hi all, I am riding the Prudential this year, just wondering whether anybody is picking up their rider stuff from Excel on Thursday/Friday late afternoon/early evening and wouldn't mind me dragging along?

Btw my start time on the day is 7:56

22/7/2019 12:55 pm  #2

Re: Prudential - collection of ride numbers etc

I unfortunately can't get down to London to get my ride number until the Saturday before. I'm still working out what to do with parking, when I did this 2 years ago there were designated parking areas you could book into, looks like they've gone now and its a free for all in the nearest NCT car parks?!

22/7/2019 1:03 pm  #3

Actually, I could do Saturday as well. Only thing being that I will not drive that far into London... But more than happy to pay petrol/parking, or go for public transport

22/7/2019 7:55 pm  #4

Gareth,

Assuming you are talking about ride day and parking near to westfield..

I parked in Langthorne Road in Leyton last year. It is a short ride to the Olympic Park. I regularly park there for football at Leyton Orient and have never had any issues.

It is a residential street but there are no weekend parking restrictions.

It is quite easily accessed via Wansted or Leytonstone.

This is the route through https://strava.app.link/gJeThv6rxY

Last edited by DarrenB (22/7/2019 7:57 pm)

23/7/2019 8:16 am  #5

Astrid, 
I will be driving down on Saturday but taking my wife and baby as well and we're planning on staying a bit for lunch etc.

Darren,
That's ideal mate, thanks. I will be down in London at 5am so should be able to get a space. Don't suppose you have a route back from the finish as well? Don't worry if not, I can do one.

23/7/2019 10:29 am  #6

Hi Gareth, no problem.

Is anybody else heading into London to fetch their number etc ahead of the Prudential, so we can join forces?

Astrid

23/7/2019 4:50 pm  #7

GarethH wrote:

Darren,
That's ideal mate, thanks. I will be down in London at 5am so should be able to get a space. Don't suppose you have a route back from the finish as well? Don't worry if not, I can do one.

https://strava.app.link/yX1EybSTyY

24/7/2019 2:31 pm  #8

Thanks routemaster

24/7/2019 3:51 pm  #9

Hi Astrid

Rob and I are planning on getting the train down (from Meldreth or Royston) early ish on Saturday morning to get our packs. I’m on holiday at the moment but will catch up with Rob when I’m back next week. David

02/8/2019 9:56 am  #10

Hi

A few of us are getting the 07:09 train from Royston on Saturday morning.

David

Board footera