Royston Cycling Club - Club Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

01/4/2021 8:18 am  #1

We’re Back!

The club is very happy to confirm that, in line with the latest guidance issued by British Cycling (BC), we can resume club runs from Sunday 4th April.   

The BC guidance allows for groups of up to 15 on rides organised by BC-affiliated clubs. However, for safety, practicality and to avoid any negative public perception we will for now resume riding in groups of no more than six and then review as restrictions ease.

It is a requirement that the club logs attendance on each ride and we ask all members to confirm the group they intend to ride with via the forum.

We will continue to meet at dispersed start points as follows:

Fast group – 19 mph average – Outside Mica in the market square
Medium fast group – 17 mph average – Outside the Heath Sports Club
Medium group – 16 mph average – Containers by the entrance to the heath car park
Medium steady group – 15mph average – Town hall car park - health centre end
Steady group – 13mph average – Town hall car park – mini roundabout end

For the safety of all club members please also observe the following rules.

1. Clearly, if you have Covid-19 symptoms, or become aware that you have recently been in contact with a person who has since tested positive, do not attend the club run.

2. If you develop Covid-19 within 14 days of riding with the club please email to roystoncc@hotmail.com with the date of the ride and which group you joined.

3. It could become necessary to contact members to alert them that they have been in contact with a person who has since tested positive. To ensure that the club has accurate records, all members should confirm the group they intend to join. This can be done via the forum or, if you have issues logging in/posting, please email roystoncc@hotmail.com.

4. Please ensure that the rule of six is observed before, during and after your ride and that appropriate social distancing is observed throughout.

5. If stopping for a coffee after the ride please follow guidance for social meetings as well as instructions from the establishment.

01/4/2021 11:53 am  #2

Re: We’re Back!

I'm up for a 17mph ride on Sunday. It'll be good to see everyone again.

01/4/2021 11:56 am  #3

I’m in for 17mph too, see you there!

01/4/2021 12:01 pm  #4

I’ll see you both there!

01/4/2021 4:10 pm  #5

Yep me too.

01/4/2021 6:38 pm  #6

Count me in too.

03/4/2021 8:21 am  #7

I'll be there too, looking forward to a group ride.

03/4/2021 2:18 pm  #8

I’m in for 17 mph. Easing myself gently back into it.

03/4/2021 7:08 pm  #9

Sorry chaps, change of plan, won’t be able to make tomorrow. Have a good ride.

Board footera